We Have To Get By

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group
    Moderatore Globale

Status
    On Thursday I have a regular appointment with a dear friend of mine.
    We meet in the usual place, we kiss and hug, and we talk having a coffee with cream, cocoa powder and chopped hazelnuts, a break from our tasks, time for us without husbands and without children, (a boys who are now grown up and look more like a B&B guest)
    After the usual "Are you all right at home?" we move on to commenting on each other's weekly routine and then slip into much lighter topics.
    "I would like to choose a new hair color",
    "Tomorrow I'm going to have my nails done"
    "I need a new bag to combine with ..."
    "What do we do on the weekend?"
    “Do you come to our home? Do we come to you? Do we to meet in the usual place then decide? "
    In short, an hour (or even two) of peace before plunging back into our lives.
    We were unable to meet last Thursday due to Covid19 restrictions.
    But this week we got organized for a video call.
    Same time but each one at home because our "place" is closed and unreachable because we live in two different Municipalities.
    Make-up and hair, because you should never let yourself wear a pajamas h24.
    Coffee, cream, hazelnut chocolate.
    "Hello..."
    "Hello. Are you all ok?" In chorus, simultaneously.
    "Yes Dear, we are!" Another choir.
    We told each other what happens in the respective Municipalities. Same identical thing, all at home, all behind the mask.
    People need to talk, exchange few words while, strictly maintaining the safety distance, wait to enter the supermarket or pharmacy. Sometimes they laugh. Laughing is good, nightmare disappears for a moment, they escape the silence that has fallen over the cities
    There is silence, oppressive, torn every now and then by the sirens of an ambulance ... hopefully everything will be fine ...
    When they tell you that someone you know is in hospital with Covid19 the first thing you do is try to recall when you last saw each other ...
    Yes, we hope everything is fine.
    We tried to digress, to talk about the usual things and we came to the conclusion that it does not matter if we have green hair due to a mess with the tint bought at supermarket and nails without polish; we have a lot of bags and we need one at a time.
    The important thing is to get out of this nightmare.
    We must think positive.
    We decided what to do on the next weekend.
    Video call!
    Saturday evening!
    All four, with the boys (in recent weeks the B&B has become full board)
    Sofa, feet on the table, beer and maybe a berry cheesecake.
    Virtual hug, virtual kiss.
    We will have a lot of fun!
    We will be together anyway!
    It will end, I don't know when but it will end and we will come back to see them in person.
    What we will do?
    Surely we will cry and hug tight tight and then we'll have a good beer in place full of people singing and dancing.

See you soon.

Take care of you all.

0 replies since 20/3/2020, 23:47   53 views